Uniform gives all children a sense of identity and ‘belonging’ to The Arbours Family. Uniform helps maintain a neat and clean appearance that will be transferred to other aspects of children’s education and life in general. A clear, simple approach to uniform allows for clarity between teacher, parent and pupil about what should be worn to school. So that children feel pride in their school and in themselves
What are our expectations?
- That all adults (families, teachers and support staff) support children to wear full school uniform, including school PE kit (house T-shirt, black shorts (or joggers in winter) black plimsolls or sports trainers, black or white socks)
- That all staff expect the highest possible standard of dress from all pupils
- That all children from Reception to Year 6 wear smart uniform each day, according to our uniform guidelines.
EYFS/Year 1, 2,3 and 4
- Grey, navy or black trousers, shorts, skirts or dresses,
- White polo shirt or hard collared white shirt.
- School tie (optional).
- The Arbours logo jumper, cardigan or fleece.
- Black, grey or navy tights. White socks
- Black or navy shoes.
Year 5 and 6
- As above but with compulsory hard collared white shirt with tie.
All items can be bought from The Schoolwear Shop on Abington Square, Northampton.
PE kits must be kept in school in a P.E. bag.
They will be sent home regularly for washing and checking.
These must include:
- A pair of navy, grey or black shorts and tracksuit bottoms. (No cycling shorts)
- A standard T-Shirt in house colour No football or rugby tops.
- Children’s P.E. will often be done in bare feet but some activities may require the use of black plimsolls or black trainers.
- During the colder months, a pair of jogging bottoms and a jumper should be worn.
- Children should not wear make-up, nail polish, false nails, visible temporary tattoos or jewellery, except for small stud earrings or a discrete watch
- In the interest of safety they must be removed for P.E./swimming activities (staff are not allowed to remove a child’s earrings).
- Hairstyles should be sensible and suitable for school, and hair accessories must be discreet.
- Soft elasticated trousers, such as leggings or jogging trousers may not be worn
- Spare school uniform is available in school if none is available at home