Enrichment is an important part of daily life at The Arbours Primary Academy. We believe very strongly that all our pupils should have a wide variety of exciting opportunities that enhance their worldly experiences.
As a David Ross Education Trust Academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
At The Arbours we have a wide range of extracurricular activities on offer from sporting, the arts, academic and pastoral groups to join.
Some of the opportunities available this year for our pupils include:
- Swimming - All of our children have been swimming with a qualified swimming instructor.
- Year 3 and 4 have had year specific musical instrument whole class lessons led by Northamptonshire Music Services.
- Class trips as part of their studies
- WOW events linking to the start of topics
- Residential experience in Key Stage 2.
- Art Month- Hoot for a Boot
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Introduction of a School Choir and performances across Northampton
- Shakespeare School Festival project for Year 5
• Careers Fair
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Partnerships with Theatre:
Over the past few years The Arbours Primary Academy and other DRET Northamptonshire schools, have been developing their partnership with the The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube. This has included workshops within our schools, participating in the Shakespeare Schools Festivals, participating in DRET Music Festivals and working with the Northern Ballet.
Highlights from previous years include:
- All Star Choir at Neville Holt
- Participation in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- Partnership with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
- All Star Choir Performed around the country
- Primary and Secondary Cup
- Debate Competition with University of Northampton
- Performance from a String Quartet
- Life Education and Waste Bus
- Author Visit
Our most recent opportunities include:
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight.
Night at the opera- DRET Primary Music Festival 2022
Watch the video below to find out about our David Ross Education Trust Primary Music Festival 2022.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801