Deciding which school is right for your child is one of the most important decisions parents and children have to make.
Every parent has a legal duty to ensure that every child of compulsory school age receives full time education suitable to his/her age, ability and aptitude.
If you are interested in coming to have a look around our outstanding school, we would be only too happy to help. Please contact our school office and arrange for a tour with our Headteacher, Mrs Watts.
All admissions to our school are managed by the Local Authority where the following criteria will be used:
- Pupils with a statement of Special Educational Needs, which names the school as appropriate provision and children in public care.
- Pupils with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Pupils who live closer to the preferred school than any other school.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within any of these groups, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school.
If you are applying for a school out of your county you must apply using the common application form provided by your home local authority, and not the local authority where the school is situated.
For all school admissions please contact School Admission Enquiries on 0300 126 7000 or visit the Northamptonshire school admissions website by clicking the links below:
September 2024 EYFS Admissions
Applications to apply for your child's 2024 EYFS (Reception) place open on 8th September 2023. You can apply online on Northamptonshire school admissions website or request a paper form by contacting the school admissions team.
Staff and pupils at The Arbours Primary Academy are delighted to invite you to our EYFS Open Events to view our outstanding school on any of the following days:
Friday 13th October 2023- 9.30am
Friday 10th November 2023- 9.30am
Friday 1st December 2023- 9.30am
Friday 5th January 2024- 9.30am
If you are interested in attending any of our 4 open days, please click the link below to sign up.
All applications must be in by midnight on Monday 15th January 2024.
National offer day for primary schools will be on Tuesday 16th April 2024.
In Year Applications
Our in year applications are managed by West Northamptonshire Council however we will be more than happy to speak with you if you have any questions about our school or if you would like to arrange a tour with Mrs Watts (Headteacher of The Arbours).
If you have been refused a place at one or more of your preferred schools, you are entitled to appeal against that decision. You are required to fill out an appeals form, details of which can be found on the West Northamptonshire Council website. Please click here to be transferred to the School Appeals page.
- How West Northamptonshire Council allocate in-year school places
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2022-23
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2023-24
- Deferred entry application form
- How West Northamptonshire Council allocate in year school places
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2022 23
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2023 24
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2024 25
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2025 26 Consultation Doc
- The Arbours Primary Academy Admissions Policy 2025 26 Under Consultation